[esp-r] Re: Cyginw font problems

Ferguson, Alex Alex.Ferguson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Fri May 29 19:28:14 BST 2009

Hi Ian,

I never satisfactorily diagnosed the problem. In the end, I reinstalled
every package I could find that pertained to the x-windows system, or
contained the word 'font', and the problem disappeared. My guess is that
cygwin's package manager isn't aware of a key dependency in one of the
new packages.

- Alex

( copied esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk, as I'm sure others will encounter
this problem in the future.)
From:   Ian Beausoleil-Morrison [mailto:ibeausol at mae.carleton.ca]
Sent:   May 29, 2009 11:55
To:     Ferguson, Alex
Subject:        Cyginw font problems

Alex,

How did you solve this problem?  I've just updated a Cygwin installation
and am experiencing the same problem.

- Ian

Ferguson, Alex Alex.Ferguson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
<mailto:esp-r%40lists.strath.ac.uk?Subject=%5Besp-r%5D%20%20Font%20probl
ems%20on%20CYGWIN%3F&In-Reply-To=>
Fri Apr 17 17:30:55 BST 2009