[esp-r] Re: Recent ESP-r experience on MacOS

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Dec 3 10:49:30 GMT 2020

Compilers and ESP-r - although the new OS is allowing gcc10 I have found
that ESP-r is rather more stable with gcc8.  If you are using homebrew
on OSX you can install older versions of the compilers in addition to the
default gcc10.  Gcc10 does not like some of the older code constructs
in res where it tries to draw a 3D surface plot.

To get better debug information always include --debug  or --extra-debug
in the Install command line.

An 'end of record' error is a trying to stuff excess characters into a string.
So your path or file name might be overly long.

I have not yet encountered an issue with a zone that starts with an elevation above
zero so that is a puzzle. As a work-around for the non-zero elevation you could start the zone at
zero and then do a transform of the zone to move it into place.

Regards, Jon Hand