[esp-r] Recent ESP-r experience on MacOS

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Dec 3 09:50:08 GMT 2020

Dear all,

I have just attempted an update to release 13.3.11 on my Macs with a
rather mixed first experience:

- On my MacOS 10.15.7 ("Catalina") machine, I have been able to compile
with macport's gcc5, but not gcc10. Yet, starting prj gives me a
segfault (invalid memory reference). On MacOS 10.13.6 ("High Sierra")
prj starts fine.

- prj new model creation: When I want to associate images, prj crashes
(right after I press "y"):

    At line 808 of file folders.F
    Fortran runtime error: End of record

    Error termination. Backtrace:
    #0  0x1448a02ef
    #1  0x1448a0baf
    #2  0x1448a1212
    #3  0x14495ce7d
    #4  0x144964fe8
    #5  0x14495f108
    #6  0x14495f459
    #7  0x10ece185a
    #8  0x10e877d73
    #9  0x10efbb9a6

- When adding a zone based on rectangular plan, setting a non-zero
elevation produces warped surfaces (the vertices are not extruded
vertically).

I did not do much with the new installation so far, but wanted to share
these observations without delay.

Best, Lars.