[esp-r] importing DXF information into an empty (no zones) ESP-r model.

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 16:10:09 BST 2018

I took the Ex01.DXF file that was supplied in an earlier email and imported it
into ESP-r and got an ESP-r model (see attached image and linked zip file).

I used a newer Linux version of ESP-r than the Windows version that
Hiroki was using to import the geometry in the DXF file into this model.

The sequence that worked for me was to FIRST create an
initial ESP-r model with no zones.  I saved the model
cfg file as Ex01.cfg. I then selected the import facility
and specified the DXF file name and it was able to
add the information in the DXF file to the model and
resulted in a single zone model with a window in the
front.

In the older version look for the Import & Export menu item
in the Model Management and select the DXF option and
provide the full path to the DXF file.

So - first create an empty ESP-r model and then do the import.

Regards, Jon Hand

A link to a zip of the ESP-r Linux model is shown below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1qojzky2lv1pu0/Ex01.zip?dl=0