[esp-r] Re: Open Vents

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Sun Apr 29 15:47:07 BST 2018

Hi Paul,

so you seem to have solved your issues in regard to the actual simulation running through? Very good.

There is no evidence in the model file you sent (ESP-r) that you have any vents at all. That is likely what is “wrong" in ESP-r. You would need to add an air flow network or - in the least - some kind of infiltration via the operations file (I would suggest the air flow network for a green house, though). Also, you would need to set up an appropriate control for the vents.

Is there a special reason that you >also< wish to use ESP-r when you seem to have a model in EnergyPlus, as well? Basically, EnergyPlus is probably very similarly competent so why the double effort?