[esp-r] Exporting ESP-r models to E+ .idf files

Dimitrios Sfakianakis dimitrios.sfakianakis at strath.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 00:14:50 GMT 2015

Dear List,

A few days ago I had my first interaction with EnergyPlus (E+) only to realise that there is no default GUI or project manager. I noticed that ESP-r can export models to .idf files readable by E+. Where can I find more information on the subject?

Are there any limitations during that conversion (are airflow networks, plant networks, shading etc. converted)?
Can ESP-r be used as a stable .idf file generator or should I look into other tools designed specifically to generate E+ input files?

Thanks for the continuous support.

Kind regards,

Dimitrios Sfakianakis MEng
PhD Candidate, Dept. Naval Architecture, Ocean and Marine Engineering, University of Strathclyde
E: dimitrios.sfakianakis at strath.ac.uk
The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263.