[esp-r] Re: Heating energy balance breakdown

Achim.geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Mon Oct 7 18:46:05 BST 2013

Dear Nicolas,

some comments inline, below.

--------- Original-Nachricht --------
Von: Nicolas Espinosa <nico_espinosa19 at hotmail.com>
An: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk <esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk>
Betreff: [esp-r]  Heating energy balance breakdown
Datum: 06/10/13 23:41

>     I am trying to compare PHPP results and ESP-R
>       results to continue with a dynamic and more accurate study with
>       ESP-R.
I expect you are aware that comparing results between two probably wildly
different calculation tools is difficult, in general.

>     I am a newbye in ESP-R but I have read lots of
>       reports and the cookbook and successfully run a simulation of the
>       dwelling.
Welcome! And good start.

>     Also within heat losses to wall be able to distinct
>       between : wall , ground, window and roof heat surface losses&nbsp;
>     for further analyses.&nbsp;
Basically, you can extract a lot of data for every individual surface.
Depending on the platform you are using, I would suggest using bash scripts
to drive res for extracting the results.

>     The issue is that I can not find in res all
>       informations in particular despite the level 4 was selected in
>       simulation:
>     - solar gain through windows.&nbsp;
There are two variables available, "solar entering zone" and "solar
absorbed". The first includes fraction reflected outside. The second is
likely what you are looking for.

>     - distinct between wall losses, ground losses and
>       roof.

>     I think the surface balance is not sufficient as we
>       do not really how the heat flux is coming or leaving the walls
>       depending on days and period of the year...&nbsp;

I do not quite understand what you mean here. You may want to slightly
elaborate.