[esp-r] Heating energy balance breakdown

Nicolas Espinosa nico_espinosa19 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 6 21:07:53 BST 2013

Hello all,

I am trying to compare PHPP results and ESP-R results to continue with a
dynamic and more accurate study with ESP-R.

I am a newbye in ESP-R but I have read lots of reports and the cookbook
and successfully run a simulation of the dwelling.

I would like to find a way to have heating dwelling annual (and montly)
energy balance :
Internal Casual gains + solar gain through window + plant heating - heat
losses through walls and ground = 0

Also within heat losses to wall be able to distinct between : wall ,
ground, window and roof heat surface losses
for further analyses.
The idea would be to make that kind of graph :

http://passipedia.passiv.de/passipedia_en/_media/picopen/phpp_balance_passive_house_kranichstein_k.png?w=400
<http://smallplanetworkshop.com/storage/PH%20Bunkhouse%20Annual%20Method.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1368600294704>

and also this graph :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tZsHf_zYxxE/R4sNfrRnt9I/AAAAAAAAAGI/vjSuwkeDPSU/s1600/chart.JPG
<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tZsHf_zYxxE/R4sNfrRnt9I/AAAAAAAAAGI/vjSuwkeDPSU/s1600/chart.JPG>

The issue is that I can not find in res all informations in particular
despite the level 4 was selected in simulation:
- solar gain through windows.
- distinct between wall losses, ground losses and roof.

I think the surface balance is not sufficient as we do not really how
the heat flux is coming or leaving the walls depending on days and
period of the year...

I am a bit lost..

Could you help me ? what do I need to look at in res and export ?

Thanks for your reply

Regards,
Nikito