[esp-r] Re: "Fortran run time error" and "Floating point exception"

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Oct 4 15:53:20 BST 2013

Looking in the code of window_control.F the line is:
      ELSEIF ( BMISCD(1,IDTYP,IPER,4) .ge. 1 .and. !Check cooling capacity is greater than 1 W
     &  TFA(iCoolingControlZone) .ge. BMISCD(1,IDTYP,IPER,7)) THEN
        bWindowsAreOpen(iComp) = .false.

So the 2nd array of bmiscd is is the day type which is zero.  This suggests that
the definition of the control and/or the periods is confused. There should not be
a day type index of zero.  Suggest that you create a model QA report and carefully
look at the reporting section for controls.

And this window_control.F is not typically a user issue because it is implementing
some special control actions for a research group in Canada.

Getting fonts on Linux typically is resolved by following the apt-get install options for
fonts as noted in the src/manual/OS/Linux/Ubuntu_for_esp-r.rtf file:
 gsfonts-x11 xfonts-mplus  xfonts-terminus  xfonts-terminus-dos  xfonts-100dpi

Regards, Jon Hand