[esp-r] Re: Change Thermophysical Properties

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Sun Sep 1 10:54:24 BST 2013

Dear Helia

that is a very interesting question. Without ever having tried this myself, I would still expect that
1- as the thermophysical property changing is independent of the PCM setup, you will be able to set this up, yes.
2- the specific (sensible and latent) heat capacity of the zone/surface/layer you have added the PCM to via .spf file will be used disregarding the overridden layer properties in the changing thermophysical properties.  I.e., the PCM will always be present in terms of thermal capacity.

Probably setting up a model with side-by-side surfaces which use thermophysical property changing but only one of which has PCM added is a good idea to check what actually happens.

Good luck!