[esp-r] Re: Role of solar obstructions in simulation

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Sat May 11 19:01:28 BST 2013

Hi Satya

adding the tank walls as obstructions will suffice. Note, however, that ESP-r does not automatically generate the necessary shading file after adding obstructions. You will need to set the toggles "shading" and "insolation" to "calculate" and let the shading module generate the files - after these are set up, the simulation takes the shading by obstructions into account.

Obstructions do not reflect solar radiation, though, they are "perfectly black".