[esp-r] Role of solar obstructions in simulation

Satya ringo.satyarr at gmail.com
Sat May 11 15:18:15 BST 2013

Hi

The cookbook states that insolation and shading calculations are performed
after addition of solar obstacles. The figure (synopsis of shading)
displays values of direct and diffuse shading (among other things).

Is the insolation and shading module the only way to use solar obstructions
or are external solar obstructions accounted for while running a simulation
for resultant zone temperatures?

I am modelling a top floor flat and I believe that the shade from an
overhead tank will cause a noticeable difference in resultant zone
temperatures. Should I add a 'tank' zone to my model or will adding the
tank walls as external shading suffice?

Regards,
Satya