[esp-r] 3D conduction model - exemplar

Ida Auråen ida.auraen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 13:14:21 BST 2013

Hi!

Have anyone checked out the 3D conduction model in the exemplar folder in
ESP-r?

I am not able to do any simulation in the exemplar to see how the ground is
affected. There is a warning at the beginning of the simulation saying
"Error occured at record number 364 in the control volumes file"..

What I am wondering is, how can you do a 3D conduction modelling of the
ground, when the zone called ground is a large box with the construction
"fictive ground" at all surfaces? Fictive ground consist of the material
"common earth" 100 mm. Is it not just a large box with air?

I want to create a 3D conduction model myself and simulate a heat storage
facility under my model. But I am curious about how the heat transfer works
in this "box".

Regards
Ida Auråen