[esp-r] Re: Time:var graph for solar at ext face surf

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Mar 4 08:08:39 GMT 2013

Solar radiation calculations are handled in src/esrubld/solar.F  The variable
for absorbed solar radiation on an external surface (QSOLE) is calculated near line
957 of this file.   The good news is that the 'trace' reporting for solar calculations
includes the current direct and diffuse solar picked up from the weather file
as well as the intermediate calculations which could assist you in your research.
You can turn on the trace facilities via a menu option in the simulator.

Of course, ESP-r being open source allows you to single step through the code
to explore just how the simulator is dealing with solar issues in your model ;-)

Regards, Jon Hand