[esp-r] " building:all zones:supplied energy:heating (W)" dubious graph

Dimitrios Sfakianakis dimitrios.sfakianakis at strath.ac.uk
Fri Dec 14 11:47:40 GMT 2012

Dear list,

I have set up a simple model with a basic controller that keeps the temperature of the zones between 18-22 degC. I want to calculate the required heat in order to maintain the temperature in the zones in this range, so after running a simulation I look at the " building:all zones:supplied energy:heating (W)". However I notice something weird with these values. I am always getting a sequence of large-small values. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something that I am missing? An example is given below taken from the .csv file containing the results.

building:all zones:supplied energy:heating (W)

21398.45

10470.92

20808.43

9952.33

20259.79

9551.64

19930.25

9981.85

20178.96

9379.59

19174.79

8481.96

18098.13

7696.39

17856.67

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

-

Dimitrios Sfakianakis MEng
Research Assistant, Dept. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, University of Strathclyde
Kelvin Hydrodynamics Laboratory, Acre Road, Glasgow, G20 0TL
T: +44 (0) 141 330 2648 (Ext 2648)
M: +44 07514271592
E: dimitrios.sfakianakis at strath.ac.uk
The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263.