[esp-r] Re: " building:all zones:supplied energy:heating (W)" dubious graph

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Dec 14 12:59:07 GMT 2012

These values might be correct.  Depends on the frequency of your simulation
and what else is happening in the model.

What would help would be to also list out (or see on a graph)
the temperatures in the room(s) along with the heating.

Does your model have an energy balance during the assessment period?

How are you supplying the heating to the zones (radiant / convective / mixed)
and what/where are you sensing?

What is the simulation time step?  One hour is a very sticky control - try a simulation
at 10-15 minute timesteps.

I have set up a simple model with a basic controller that keeps the temperature of the zones between 18-22 degC. I want to calculate the required heat in order to maintain the temperature in the zones in this range, so after running a simulation I look at the " building:all zones:supplied energy:heating (W)". However I notice something weird with these values. I am always getting a sequence of large-small values. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something that I am missing? An example is given below taken from the .csv file containing the results.

building:all zones:supplied energy:heating (W)

21398.45

10470.92

20808.43

9952.33

20259.79

9551.64

19930.25

9981.85

20178.96

9379.59

19174.79

8481.96

18098.13

7696.39

17856.67

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

-

Dimitrios Sfakianakis MEng
Research Assistant, Dept. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, University of Strathclyde
Kelvin Hydrodynamics Laboratory, Acre Road, Glasgow, G20 0TL
T: +44 (0) 141 330 2648 (Ext 2648)
M: +44 07514271592
E: dimitrios.sfakianakis at strath.ac.uk
The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263.