[esp-r] Re: Problems in solving a simple model

Andrew Cowie cn06arc at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Oct 4 16:10:53 BST 2012

Just a brief addition to Jon's answer; once you have created a construction file (extension .con on the lunix version, not sure of this is different for a windows version though) you can use a text editor to edit the file, allowing you to manually set the resistance value of your air gap.

As i understand it this is not "best practice" for ESP-r, but it works for me.  Be careful though as some text editors will corrupt the ESP-r data files.  I think there is some info on this somewhere in the cookbook or other documentation that is included with ESP-r, sorry i can't be more specific.

Andy Cowie