[esp-r] Re: Installation Problem with CYGWIN

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu May 24 06:59:26 BST 2012

This is a rather old version of the Installer which is run as a script within Cygwin.
We have newer installers which are run as a normal Windows executable.
I could send a link to a newer version of the Installer which has been used
on several W7 computers with success.

And, if you have Cygwin on your computer you have the option of
compiling the ESP-r distribution - there are only a few commands
required to do this and the Developers Guide (on the ESRU web site)
discusses the steps required.