[esp-r] ESP-r Radiance coupling

João Santos joao.portugal.santos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:14:15 BST 2012

Hi everyone

I´ve been trying to use the ESP_r / Radiance coupling but encountered some
errors.
I´m working on Windows7 64 bits, and the development_branch r7945
compilation runs flawlessly.

After installing the mingw-radiance_setup-3R9 from
http://www.bozzograo.net/radiance  (which sets the environment variables
automatically, I confirmed)
I opened the file coupling which comes with the training packages from the
/cfg folder.
But while generating the outside & zone composition its presents the
following:

The place where rad will be invoked is
./\

Reading casual gain control
file.

Searching for sensor locations and
orientations.

Scenes last modified on 17/04/2012
12:50:01

Scanning rif file:
fac_zone_c1_Coupli.rif

 Recovered
interior/exterior.

 Recovered glazing
treatment.

Render options set by expert
user!

-av 0 0
0

 creating glazing
file.

 creating materials for opaque
surfaces.

 creating inside
composition.

 creating outside
composition.

task terminated with an error
condition

task terminated with an error condition

>And when performing simulation:

Simulation has now commenced.
Removing existing transfer file.
Lighting simulation has now commenced.
Fatal error: Radiance simulation produced no data.

So it seems that esp-r isn´t linked with radiance.
Does the location matters? Because I´ve tried C:/Program Files/ ,
C:/Esru/bin and also C:/Radiance
Is the above radiance package complete?
Do I have to install it from the MinGW Shell? Because it is already an .exe
file?

Thanks in advance
Joao