[esp-r] Re: radiance

glbrune at polimi.it glbrune at polimi.it
Thu Jan 19 00:28:02 GMT 2012

Hi Arianna,
I am far from being an ESP-r expert or a Radiance expert, but I'll
give you the information I have hoping it might be useful.

The menu steps to get daylight factors with Radiance from ESP-r is
short: browse/simulate -> simulation -> visual impact -> daylight
factors.

I think that you should install Radiance in Cygwin from the source.

I remember that the first ESP-r precompiled version for Cygwin came
with Radiance included, so it is likely that the compilation of
Radiance for Cygwin is still possible. Said that, I can't assure it
will work, because my experience with Cygwin is that compilations from
sources often fail.

I remember that when I installed Radiance for Linux it was crucial
that the Radpath Environment variable was specified in the bash
configuration file (/etc/.bashr), as recommended I think in the
Radiance's Readme file.

Best regards

Gian Luca Brunetti

Def. Quota A.Sdei at brighton.ac.uk: