[esp-r] Re: initial building temperature

Geissler Achim achim.geissler at fhnw.ch
Mon Dec 5 13:44:51 GMT 2011

Dear Hannah

following suggestion: Define an own day type "Startup", use this daytype for the first few days of your simulation period and give this daytype a control with ample heating and cooling power with the (temperature) setpoint you desire. After this, your model should be "initialized" with whatever you wanted and can run from there as wished. Of course, multi-layered constructions or very heavy constructions outside a thermal insulation will not have a well-defined temperature but will depend on your weather data. Of course, you could additionally create your own weather data file to address this issue.