[esp-r] Re: Active/operable shading help

Geissler Achim achim.geissler at fhnw.ch
Mon Nov 7 09:46:57 GMT 2011

Hi Jeremy

basically, you have two options: You can define up to three optical data property sets for a conventional TMC and switch between these via control (solar radiation for sure, zone temperature also, as far as I remember). How this is set up is described in the CookBook, I think. Alternatively, you can use CFC constructions for your windows and also control the shading (venetian type blind) setting for these (IMO the preferable path). However, the latter option has only a few control features to date in the official release version of ESP-r. But if you are willing to do a bit of coding and are set up to compile ESP-r, changes/extensions are quite straightforward (there is a pointer to where in the code changes are necessary in the list archive).

(by the way, what is your affiliation?)