[esp-r] Using calendar day-types to define vacation period.

Hugo Santos hrsantos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:32:06 BST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm modelling a school building and after defining everything in the model
including internal gains, ventilation network and all control functions I
found out that I want to include the effect of closing the school during the
summer vacations.

In this specific model that means that during that period all days would be
similar to "Sundays". Hence, I tried to modify the standard calendar and
define all the days of the vacation period as Sundays but that doesn't seem
to have any effect on the simulations (I was careful to save the model
before closing esp-r). The .cfg file seems to keep the information in the
relevant part but reopening the model with esp-r shows that the calendar
reverts to the standard day order.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't this work?

Thanks in advance for all the help. Regards,

Hugo Santos
Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto