[esp-r] Re: furniture in esp-r

Diaz, Camilo Camilo.Diaz at WSPGroup.com
Tue May 24 12:55:30 BST 2011

Hi Achim - if your hanging surface is an additional element to the wall
behind i.e. with an air gap between surfaces then this would resolve my
point below, can you do that in esp? if so I think you approach is spot
on...

Thanks

Camilo

0207 314 4447

07713 985 845

From: Achim.geissler [mailto:achim.geissler at intergga.ch]
Sent: 24 May 2011 11:11
To: Diaz, Camilo; AchimGeissler; leenpeeters
Cc: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: AW: [esp-r] Re: furniture in esp-r

Hi Camilo

interesting point. I do not quite understand what you mean by
"effectively replace on part of the exposed wall with another", though.

A hanging surface will influence the long wave radiation ("block"). Good
practice would entail splitting the surrounding surfaces into smaller
surfaces to get good results in detailed view-factor based radiation
calculation (which, of course, must be done with such surfaces). The
convection will surely be a bit high, I agree, as this will be based on
the single zone node temperature.

Good to have a discussion here!

--------- Original-Nachricht --------