[esp-r] Re: Some bugs in subsys.F ?

Sara Nikoofard sr880710 at dal.ca
Thu May 5 16:06:38 BST 2011

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the late reply, a bad flu knocked me down for 5 days.

Thanks for the comprehensive answer but still my problem is there. I try to
explain it more.  In my model I use AIM2 and in line 1769 the CVVN is
supposed to  have an amount but it is zero. When I tried to debug what was
the problem I found that CVVN is commented out in esrumfs/mfsbld.F therefore
it is zero in the subsys.F. If I reintroduce CVVN and reintroduce the day
type in this part of the code (which was there before and now it is part of
another if so it has to be reintroduced or it will be zero) the results are
the same as when I use AfnToBldData. And I don't think you changed that one
because according to your commit log r6548 (if you meant that because r6485
is written by Ian not you) you introduced another module which is fine.

About the line 1897, previously the if statement was "If (IAIRN.ge.1)then ."
it was including AIM2and OPR as well as AFN but now it is only looking at
the AFN and it doesn't modify the CVVFM which results in an unbalanced
Zone_coupled heat advection. If you look at the dal/CHREM_report_data.F in
my branch there is a post processing parameter called fZN_AP_ZnCpldVent
(Zone_coupled heat advection) which should be the same with opposite signs
for two coupled zones. In case of using new If statement in line 1897 these
two numbers are dramatically different which is not the same as what I had
with previous version of development_branch. When I reverse it to previous
form (i.e. "If (IAIRN.ge.1)then ."  ) it works as expected both has the same
advection with opposite signs which makes sense.

I hope I could explain what I meant.  I can send you three different results
by changing those parameters to show what I mean if you need that please let
me know and I can send you those.

Thanks,

Sara