[esp-r] Re: Surface Attributes

Aizaz Samuel aizaz.a.samuel at strath.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 13:20:18 BST 2010

Miguel,

> My question is what happen if he put on the surface of Zone1 different properties on the same surface of Zone2?
The solver solves zone by zone so when it solves for zone1 whatever boundary conditions are associated with zone1 are used regardless of how it appears to be geometrically. When the solver solves for zone 2 it uses whatever boundary conditions have been set up for zone2.
The fact that two surfaces have spatial characteristics which are the same or are within some tolerance does not mean they provide boundary conditions to each other unless explicitly set in the topology either by individually choosing "surface in other zone" or by the automatic topology facility.

-Aizaz Samuel