[esp-r] window

nicola della grazia posta-nicola at hotmail.it
Tue Sep 7 16:11:07 BST 2010

Dear all,

I have two problems with the definition of the windows.

1) I want to import my optical properties from Window 5, but I had some problems. I created my window and I calculated optical properties. Now I have to save a file that I must load in ESP-r. So I have 3 possibilty for saving my optical properties and I don't know which to choose to load it on ESP-r:
 a) detailed
b) DOE-2
c) Energy Plus
 I already tried to uload these file, but ESP-r doesn't update the file "detailed"  and the file "Energy Plus". ESP-r loads DOE-2 but the loading is not complete because it stops.
What is the procedure to load my window file? What kind of window file do I save?

2) I want to study summer behavior of my climate zone contemplating two different solutions:

       a) open window

       b) closed window

 So I impose in "WINDOW surface air leakage": open or closed, but after the two different simulation I get the same result, that is the result of the area with the windows closed.

How can I contemplate the windows open?

Thanks

Regards

Nicola Della Grazia