[esp-r] Optical controls/blind and shutter control

Marco Jacobs mgjm.jacobs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 14:52:46 BST 2010

Dear all,

I'm trying to simulate controlled sunblinds, using the blind/shutter
control.
I have defined two separate optical properties for my glass facade. I'm
telling the control to use the version with high solar admittance while
ambient zone temperature is lower then my setpoint, and use the version with
low solar admittance while ambient zone temperature is over my desired
setpoint.
However, studying the results it seems to me that this control might not be
working. The results are not as expected, compared to the situations with no
control. I did some simulations while using only high solar admittance or
low solar admittance glazing.
It looks like only the first rule of the control is invoked (high solar
admittance).

Could anybody tell me what might be wrong?

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Marco Jacobs

TNO-Building Brains