[esp-r] Error (17)

Philipp Kainberger p.kainberger at tas-bauphysik.com
Thu Jul 15 09:37:38 BST 2010

Dear all,

we recently changed our IT infrastructure, so instead of a single PC where
we ran ESP-r and stored all project files on this PC, we now have several
VMWare Machines on our Windows Workstations with ESP-r installed on them
(Ubuntu 10.04, ESP-r 11.9) and working from a shared project directory on
our fileserver (Apple XServe).

We mounted this directory in ubuntu (/home/projects). If we create a new
project with esp-r in this directory everything works fine, but if we copy
one of our old projects in this directory, edit something, (f.e.
constructions or operations ...) and then trying to save the changes made,
following error appears:

Error (17) opening the file ../databases/multicon.db

If we copy the old project on the local machine (f.e. /home/desktop) and
working with it from there, again everything is fine and we can save the
changes made.

The problem persists on both versions, X11 and GTK.

I already played around with the permissions (chmod 777) but I don’t think
that is the problem.

Maybe somebody can help. :-)

Thanks

Philipp Kainberger