[esp-r] Re: Res "enquire about" energy balances and CFC

Lomanowski, Bartosz Bartosz.Lomanowski at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Mon Jul 5 18:37:35 BST 2010

Hi Achim,

The following CFC outputs have been configured with res as of ESP-r 11.8:

- inside face convection
- inside longwave radiation
- outside face convection
- outside face longwave radiation
- solar transmission
- solar absorption (careful with this one - it does not include all the transparent nodes, only the inside or 'other face' node)

The calculation of these fluxes is sensitive to the presence of a shade layer and the control state of that blind layer (retracted or deployed). You can find the CFC modifications to the standard energy balance in subroutine SURBAL (esrubld/blibsv.F).

I don't have much experience with the "enquire about" options, but the detailed res output (temperatures, surface/ zone fluxes, heating/cooling, total solar entering from outside, etc.) does take into account CFCs. I imagine that the aggregated output functions rely on these as well.

Regards,
Bart