[esp-r] Re: boundary conditions for nonsymmetric constructions

Achim.geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Thu Apr 29 08:21:37 BST 2010

    Dear Daisy     assuming you have an external blind outside of your
single skin facade, the single skin facade is thermally equivalent to your
thermal envelope (the inner skin of the double skin facade) and the blind is
the same, you will still have higher temperatures in the air gap than the
ambient air temperature. Therefore, as written, I would expect higher
cooling loads.     However, the double skin facade allows you to have the
blind lowered in high rise buildings for more hours of the year, usually.
Therefore, taking this aspect into account, the double skin facade may prove
beneficial. Also, if you can close the air gap in the winter, you will have
improved U-value. Again, the double skin facade may prove beneficial.
Best  Achim

--------- Original-Nachricht --------