[esp-r] Shading vs visible transmission

王菊花 luckygrass100 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 05:05:00 BST 2010

Dear all,

     I have a question since I began to learn esp-r.There was an article called "Setting Shading Coefficient for transparent constructions and double facade" posed by my friend Teresa.Jon Hand kindly gave answer that  ESP-r does not use a "shading coefficient" which is a ratio of a specific glazing product to a 'standard single glazed window'.Please allow me to ask further,what should I do if I want to set a Shading Coefficient,for example,0.57,for the south window.I tried to multiply the visible transmission of window by 0.57.But when I output results of dynamic load,there is no change compared with the actural visible transmission condition.I am thinking whether changing visible transmission just influences lighting analysis results.

     I really don't know how to add  electric shading  louvers for windows to reach a required Shading Coefficient of 0.57.I am using esp-r for energy simulation of a green low carbon building.Anxiously looking forward to your kind answers.Many thanks.Daisy.