[esp-r] Re: Shading vs visible transmission

Achim.geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Thu Apr 29 08:22:04 BST 2010

    Dear Daisy     what you would need to do is the following:  1) Shading
coefficient refers to "behaviour in regard to solar gains", not visible
transmission. You take your shading coefficient and from this calculate the
SHGC (or g-value). See ASHRAE Fundamentals, e.g.  2) You choose a glass
product that achieves this g-value in Window (LBNL). Here, you can check if
you can find a glass product that also satisfies your visual transmittance
needs.  3) With this glass product you set up your insulating glazing unit
in Window and export (by whatever path you are comfortable with) to ESP-r
TMC or via GSLEdit to CFC.     Best   Achim
--------- Original-Nachricht --------