[esp-r] Results file - and the mfr

Lukas Swan (Dal) Lukas.Swan at Dal.Ca
Sat Apr 10 19:14:07 BST 2010

Hi All

I am simulating and using results save level 5, which is XML reporting. This
essentially makes the results file (example in cfg file: *sblr building.res)
miniscule in size. But it does not appear to affect the mass flow network
results file (example in cfg file: *sflr building.mfr). So on an annual
simulation involving a somewhat complicated air flow network, I keep
generating a 45 MB building.mfr file.

Because I am simulating thousands of houses, this is substantial hard disk
space (approx. ¾ of a TB). I can simply unlink the file after each
simulation is complete, but I was wondering if anyone has a more elegant way
to essentially set save level type 5 for the building.mfr results file as
well?

Thanks,

Lukas Swan

Dalhousie Univ.