[esp-r] Re: ESP-r installation on 64bit Linux machine (Francesco Frontini)

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Feb 19 09:14:55 GMT 2010

Some work-arounds for 64 bit.  Below there is mention of a 32 bit version of
prj and a 64 bit version of the simulator.  Remember that the assumed size
of real numbers 'may' be different - I would suggest to also use a 32 bit version
of the simulator if, for example shading was calculated with a 32 bit version
of ish.

It would be helpful to try running prj from within a debug environement
such as DDD on Cygwin so that it might be possible to isolate the
cause of the crash.  I regularly compile Cygwin on 32 bit (Windows 32 bit
even on a 64 bit machine) and it rarely faults when opening up a project.

I have not tried cygwin on a 64 bit version of windows so I cannot
confirm if it is sensitive.  Note that if you are compiling on Cygwin
with the GCC 4 series that it is, in many cases more sensitive than
the older g77 compiler on Cygwin.