[esp-r] Re: problems of click on bitmap facility

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Jan 21 15:18:48 GMT 2010

More issues on click on bitmap.... There are two separate issues.  Not seeing the
drawing of the zone(s) after using the click-on-bitmap facility.  This bug was recently
fixed for the newest versions of ESP-r.  There should be new installers available
in next week (we are re-configuring our servers).  Re-opening the model is a good
work-around for this bug.

The second issue is a failure to load a model with an message could not find *.cfg file.
This has been recently discussed on the email list.  If you are working on Unix/Linux/MacOS
or within the Cygwin emulation environment...... ESP-r works best if you use the operating system
commands to go to the folder with the model cfg file.  Then start the Project Manager with
that cfg file name.  For example
  cd MyModels/project_one/cfg
  prj -file project.cfg

Typical modes of failure are a typographic error in the command line or a file
name with a character which is unprintable or a file name with a space in it.

If you are working on Native Windows then use windows explorer to go to the folder
which has the model cfg file and then double click on the cfg file.

-ESRU