[esp-r] Re: 10 column limitation using RES

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Tue Sep 15 21:22:28 BST 2009

Hi Scott

two thoughts:

(1) The variable names in RES are quite often somewhat misleading. For
solar radiation, I have found it easiest / best to add a small surface
with absorptivity of 1.0 as "sensor" on each elevation of interest.

(2) There is an additional output possibility: xml. If your model is
not too large / complex, the runtime increase when using xml output is
not too dire. All you need is a compile with xml support and an
input.xml file in the calling directory of esp-r. After a short run (a
few timesteps) a file "dictionary" is created. This lists all
available output. Then, the input.xml can be extended to whatever
output you require and there is no limit to columns ...

Regards
Achim