[esp-r] 10 column limitation using RES

Scott Bucking sbucking at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 18:46:21 BST 2009

Hi all,

I'm running a simulation that looks at incident solar energy on a building
surface and noticed a few things that I was hoping someone could clarify.

First is that 'SW incident solar' appears not to work for transparent
surfaces.  Should I be using 'Solar processes' and select 'solar entering
from outside'?  Or is this accounted for in the overall building surface?

Also, it appears that RES limits data output to 10 columns (anymore then 10
surfaces appears to be cutoff from the GRT output file).  Is it possible to
recompile ESPr and change this to, say 20 columns?  What was the original
thought in limiting it to ten?

Kind Regards,

Scott