[esp-r] Effect of adjacent building

김민환 hwan at dasskorea.com
Thu May 28 09:02:26 BST 2009

Hi everyone
I am comparing energy performance of 3 glazing.

At first I made up 1 building and copied 2 other buildings from it.
Copied building has their own tmc and con files and they share opr and ctl
files with original one.
Height of building is 7.8 m and distance between buildings is 10m.
But when same glazing is applied to all 3 buildings, the result was
interesting.
Compared to original building, 2 copied buildings occurred 16 % more heating
load, though there is no obstruction.
But 2 copied one shows very similar pattern and load.
When I look at room temperature, the original one has 0.5~2 degree higher
temperature than copied one.
copied one shows exactly same pattern. I guess adjacent buildings affected
the amount of solar penetration.

As a second try, I placed copied building at 30m distance from original one.
But the result was same. it occurred 16% more heating load than original
one, and same temperature profile.

Does adjacent buildings affect the other, though I didn't make and activate
obstructions?
If not, should 2 building which are close to each with same condition show
same result?
In my case, do you have a comment on what I should look to figure out what
the reason is?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Minhwan

--
Kim, Min-hwan
Researcher,

143-834
632-9 Guui 1(il)-dong Gwangjin-gu Seoul(Seoul 143-834 Korea)
T. 82.2.913.2585 F. 82.2.949.2585
H. www.dasskorea.com