[esp-r] ESP-r problemsin using the click on bitmap facility to define the zones

Mostapha Sadeghipour sadeghipour at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:33:01 BST 2009

Dear ESP-r Users,

I want to define the zones using the clicking on grid points option. when I
click "e" and then "save the zone data" this comment is appear: "Negative or
zero zone volume detected. Vertex information maybe in error or surfaces
incomplete." I'm almost sure that I selected the points correctly and on
right direction, same as what is done in the cookbook page 57. But I also
changed the direction to see if anything else happened? The result was the
same!

Although I can continue creating other zones, but when I exit from the click
on facility only the last zone is appeared in the window. However the
related items such as surface attributes, etc for this zone are
editable,when I want to change to another zone, the program crashes and
write this message:

result of XReadBitmapFile 0 1063 787 15 15
get region is 0 330 1007 457
result of XReadBitmapFile 0 1063 787 15 15
get region is 0 330 1007 457
result of XReadBitmapFile 0 1063 787 15 15
get region is 0 330 1007 457
result of XReadBitmapFile 0 1063 787 15 15
get region is 0 330 1007 457
result of XReadBitmapFile 0 1063 787 15 15
get region is 0 330 1007 457
 Fatal error: In ../zones/exam.geo expecting  4 items (insolation data)
in...
      0.00000     4.00000     0.00000

I use the esp-r 11.5 in UBUNTU.

Any advices is appreciated,