[esp-r] Re: Espr Prj Manager Launch problem with Cygwin emulation

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 10:32:30 GMT 2009

A question about using ESP-r under Cygwin emulator...

There are two classic reasons for this.

a) you are working with the initial text command window which is unable to work with
   graphic applications.  you must start up an X11 graphic session (there are notes about
   this in the notes about setting up cygwin) via a command such as startxwin.sh

b) the PATH environment variable has not been updated to include the full path
    to where the ESP-r executables live.  To test if this is the case try the
    following command:

   which prj

   this should return /usr/esru/esp-r/bin/prj

   to check that prj is working (in the graphic window) give the following command

   /usr/esru/esp-r/bin/prj

  if you get a message "Can not open" then you are not running in a graphic command window.

Regards   Jon Hand