[esp-r] Compiling ESP-r source code

Per Haugaard perhaugaard at yahoo.dk
Wed Dec 10 09:01:38 GMT 2008

Dear Usergroup,

I have installed the pre-compiled binary files with out any problems. In an actual project I need to increase the number of zones to 42 and therefore I have tried to compile the ESP-r source code according to this.

During the installation the following warning message 'libxml2 library does not appear to be installed' is showed and the installation is stopped. Refer to the below massage:

cd `pwd`/lib; \
    make the_libNoH3KReports
make[1]: Entering directory `/trunk/src/lib'
rm -f TReports_dummy.F ;
ln -s `pwd`/../cetc/h3kreports/TReports_dummy.F . ;
g77  -I../include -I../shocc -I/usr/local/include -I../cetc/h3kreports -DLIN -DX11    -fno-automatic -finit-local-zero -c TReports_dummy.F
make[1]: g77: Command not found
make[1]: *** [TReports_dummy.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/trunk/src/lib'
make: *** [disableXML] Error 2
 Install: Fatal error.
 Executable disableXML could not be built!
 Installation aborted.

I have looked in the synaptic package manager and I have issued apt-get install libxml2 but it is allready installed on the system but does not appear in the /src/include or /usr/local/include folder.

Any idea of what has gone wrong in my installation of the source code?

Any help is appreciated :)

Best regards

Per Haugaard

Per Haugaard,