[esp-r] start up calculation

Leen Peeters leen.peeters at mech.kuleuven.be
Wed Jun 18 21:39:40 BST 2008

Hi,

I implemented a start up calculation based on a formula given by Fraisse and Virgone (Applied Energy, 62, 1999). they calculate the maximum achievabe temperature rise in steady state and added the effects of dynamics to estimate the temperature that will be achieved in reality. Comparing this to what is to be reached at a given moment, they deciede to either turn on the heating or redo the calculation the next timestep.
This max temperature  is calculated based on the external temperature plus the ratio of the maximal available power divided by a loss coefficient in Watts per K.

Within ESP-r, The (BB3-BB2*Q)/BB1 equation can be used to calculate the next timestep temperature when injecting a heat flux Q.

I wondered whether the maximum achievable temperature at for example 4 timesteps from now could be calculated based on this BB,BB2, BB3 equation using 4*Q instead of Q

Could anyone help me out on this one?

Thanks!

Leen Peeters
University of Leuven