[esp-r] Re: Convective heat transfer coefficient

Geissler Achim Achim.Geissler at josef-gartner.ch
Fri Feb 22 15:49:28 GMT 2008

ESP-r features (at least) the possibility to
(a) set heat transfer coefficients explicitly per surface or
(b) have a "switching mechanism", also per surface.
Both can be invoked via a "heat transfer file" (look in the "composition" => "convection coefficients"). This generates a ".htc" file ... in which the options are set by "toggles" or explicit values.
A list of the main equations used can be found in "http://www.esru.strath.ac.uk/Documents/PhD/beausoleil-morrison_thesis.pdf" (publications page of ESRU) on page 19.
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards

Achim Geissler