[esp-r] Re: MZELWE

Geissler Achim Achim.Geissler at josef-gartner.ch
Fri Nov 23 11:43:54 GMT 2007

Dear Paul,
really? Wow. So in the simulation the approx. 500 W/m2 are truncated to something fairly arbitrary and probably in the range of 100 - 250 W/m2 (not-to-much wind and DT of 20 to 30 K)? The sky temperature is then discounted? Seems a bit out of line for ESP-r to substitute by something that discounts the physical process ... hmm.
We have also had that message off and on, so next time we will need to take a closer look, it seems ... I had assumed the program substitutes a reasonable estimate (comparable to the "solar exceeds extraterrestrial constant" thing).