[esp-r] Re: MZELWE

paul strachan paul at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Nov 23 11:16:56 GMT 2007

Dear Felipe,

It means the calculated external longwave flux exceeds a preset value at
the indicated timestep during the simulation. At present this limit is
set at 495W/m2 (the warning message units should read W/m2, not W). The
correlation used in such circumstances is that the longwave flux is a
function of windspeed and surface-to-air temperature difference:  ( 3.0
+1.7 V) * (delta-T).

The warning message is commonly generated at times where there is a
combination of unusually high external surface temperature, high surface
emissivity and low calculated sky temperature.

Regards
Paul

Dr P A Strachan                   email: paul at esru.strath.ac.uk
ESRU, Dept. of Mechanical Eng.          phone: +44 141 548 2041
University of Strathclyde                 fax: +44 141 552 5105
Glasgow G1 1XJ, UK                 http://www.esru.strath.ac.uk