[esp-r] Shading / Obstructions

Geissler Achim Achim.Geissler at josef-gartner.ch
Wed Aug 15 12:50:03 BST 2007

Hi everyone,

does anyone have experience with the following or are there known issues on shading in this regard?

(1)     We have a model with horizontal, staggered obstructions outside. The initial model faced south (the façade is not vertical). Here, the shading calcs seem to be O.K. (shading patterns with shd etc.).

(2)     We then turned the model (and the obstructions) to the southwest (-60 deg, actually). The wireframe looks O.K., the shading calcs with shd do not work, anymore: Every relevant obstruction suddenly has the "plane crossing" problem and is therefore ignored. Test with turning obstructions by 300 deg instead of -60 didn't help. The lower edge of the relevant surfaces is parallel to the ground in both orientations ...

Thanks for any ideas!

Best regards,

Achim Geissler