[esp-r] Re: Day number in trace facility

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Aug 14 13:41:29 BST 2007

A question about the time reported in simulation trace files...

> Dear All,
>
> In the trace facility of ESP-r if you for example monitor
> convective heat transfer coefficient for a certain period, the date
> of each day and the day number do not change until 1:30 am. Is
> there any reason for that?

The logic that figures out 'have we gotten to the next day' in the
simulator trace facilities was written (in the ancient days) in
a way that gives this slightly disconcerting report for the timestep
after midnight.  It is utterly consistent in this regard.  It would
probably not be rocket science to revise this.

-ESRU