[esp-r] Re: Installation without validation models

Ferguson, Alex AFerguso at NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Jul 27 12:55:43 BST 2007

Hi Daniel,

The Install script installs the default 'esprc' file alongside the training and validation models. Electing to skip these models causes the script to also skip installation of the default information.

This 'feature' behavior is clearly confusing and will be improved in a future release.

- Alex

________________________________

From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk [mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Costola, D
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 07:44
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r] Installation without validation models

Dear all,

I'm facing a strange behavior when I compile ESP without install the validation models.

In this case, some errors happened during installation in the "(Re)install databases" part.

When the installation is done, I call ESP but it can't find some defaults.

There isn't any error if the validations models are installed.

I'm using Solaris, and the installation uses the following options:

	SunOS

2

	F77

	XML

2

	X11

	Tree

	installation

	(Re)install training and validation models, manual and tutorial (y/n) [y]?

	database

	executables

	Delete tmp

Does anybody face similar problems?

Any suggestions about how I can solve it?

Regards

Daniel Cóstola