[esp-r] External surfaces CHTC

Costola, D D.Costola at tue.nl
Fri Jul 27 12:50:23 BST 2007

Dear all,

I have a question about the implementation of McAdams-Ito empirical relations for CHTC of external surfaces, in the routine:

src/esrubld/convect2.F   subroutine HTCEXT

The implementation in the code seems to be different of the described in Joe Clarke's book.

The main differences are:

-          There is no difference between smooth and rough surfaces, as described in the reference.

-          The formula is linear, instead of a power law described in the reference.

-          The windward face is treated in two different ways, depending on the wind attack angle, which is not described in the reference also.

Am I looking in the wrong place in the code?

If not, is there any reason for those differences?

Regards

Daniel Cóstola